The research was under gone to review/identify the customer perception level on service standards offered by the Nationalized Banks. The study would enable the Nationalized Banks to know about the satisfaction level of the customers & also helps to improve their Services to make the Customer Delight. Various parameters were taken such as Counter Services, CRM, Online Statements, ATM Transactions Updates, Mobile Banking Services, Net Banking Services, Credit Card Services, etc.
1. To study the perceptual level of the customers with respect to the services offered by the Nationalized Banks. i.e., to find whether there is any gap between the management perception and the customer perception with reference to the services offered in Retail Banking.
2. To Improve the Service Standard
3. To Improve the Employees Approach towards the Customers.
1. The study is restricted to Coimbatore branches only.
2. The study was conducted within a limited time period.
3. The sample size for the customers has been limited to 200. Result may vary if the research was conducted in a large scale.
4. The survey purely based on opinion of customers, which may be biased at time.
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY RESEARCH DESIGN
Research design stands for advanced planning of methods to be adopted for advanced planning of methods to be adopted for collecting the relevant data and the techniques to be used in their analysis in view the objective of the research. The researcher has to describe the present situation in order to know the satisfaction of the customers. Hence descriptive research study is used and includes survey and fact finding enquirer. Descriptive research can only report what has happened and what is happening.
The sampling population of the study includes 1263 Customer for Five Nationalized Banks.
A sample size of 200 customers of the branch was interviewed.
The sampling technique adopted for the study is convenience sampling.
The field work is the actual data collection process and the respondents are the customers of the Indian Overseas Bank, State Bank of India, Indian Bank, Syndicate Bank, Corporation Bank. The respondents were met and told about the objectives of the study and data were collected through questionnaire form.
Data Collection Method
The collection of data is considered to be one of the important aspects in the research methodology. There are two types of data that exists, one is primary data and the other is secondary data.
Structured questionnaire has been used for the collection of primary data from the respondents. It is for the purpose of study about the satisfaction of customers. Opinion survey method is followed to collect the primary data.
It has been collected from the organization past records, organization websites, various magazines, journals and other related library books.
Structured questionnaire was used for this study. The types of questions used in the questionnaire were
> Open-ended questions
> Multiple-choice questions and
> Dichotomous questions Tools for Analysis
The collected data was edited and then consolidated by using simple statistical tools. Then, it was presented in the form of tables and figures. The simplest statistical tools are employed for the analysis of data. The statistical tools employed are,
> Chi Square Analysis
Since calculated value is less than the critical value Null Hypothesis is accepted i.e.., there exist a relationship between Customers association with bank and their satisfaction level. So the Customers are regular to the banks.
Since calculated value is greater than the critical value Null Hypothesis is rejected and Alternate
Hypothesis is accepted i.e..,
Since calculated value is less than critical value Null hypothesis is accepted i.e., there exist no relationship between Monthly transactions by customers and their transaction percentage.
• 46% of the respondents felt that the interest rates on loan were high and hence the Interest rates may be reduced to attract more customers.
• Only 22.7% of the respondents having been invested in the third party products the bank can look for promoting the same. The bank also has a huge scope for this, with high income group NRI customers, in the area.
• Since a large number of the respondents are unaware of the services provided through internet (66%)/ mobile (56.7%) banking; initiatives, such as posting a list of services that are rendered to the customers inside the bank premises, demo of the services in the bank website; can be done to make the customers aware, and use the services provided through ATM, internet and mobile banking of the bank.
• As the cross tabulation reveal, except one out of the few customers who have been associated with the bank for the past 15-13 years have not been receiving any privilege. It is therefore suggested to give privilege to its long term customers so as to retain them.
The gap analyzed can be minimized by better technology, customer service and also by creating awareness about the various services; thereby increasing the customer base so as to retain the existing customers and to build up customer loyalty, Customer Relationship Management should be given more importance along with excellent online platform with 24 * 7 Banking Support.